Happy Summer, everyone! I'm not sure what the weather has been like where you live, but here in NYC we've had muggy, spring-like weather for most of May and June. It's finally starting to get warm and sunny and summer-like! While warm weather and beach days are clearly the best part about summer (especially after a long NYC winter!) my other FAVORITE part is getting to switch up my wardrobe! I love adding in some of my summer staples, and kicking off my winter boots/rain boots and popping on some summer shoes, like flats and sandals. When it comes to summer shoes, I think the quirkier, the better. That's why I am head over heels in love with these pineapple shoes I made! They're the cutest and possibly most fun shoes I own (and I currently own a pair of sneakers covered in Barbie shoes!) I seriously cannot wait to wear them out and about. They're actually really easy to DIY yourself with a few craft supplies!
1. Using your tailor's chalk and ruler, create a grid pattern on your shoes. I used the top center of my shoe as the main point.
2. Using your 3-d fabric paint, go over your chalk lines. I went section by section, since the paint would create gaps if the line was too long. Also, be careful of it spitting out a big glob of paint. If that happens, gently guide the paint away with the clean tip of the nozzle. Wipe the nozzle clean, and keep going.
3. Once your paint has dried for at least 24 hours, it's time to add the top! Draw a few pineapple tops on white paper and pick your favorite one. If you're not a good artist, find one online and print it out.
4. Cut your pineapple top out and trace it onto your green vinyl (the back side). I wanted mine to mirror each other since they weren't exactly the same, so I flipped the paper stencil and traced it the other way.
5. Cut out the pineapples from your vinyl, being as careful as you can.
6. Cut out a small piece of felt. Peel the adhesive lining off, put your pineapple top on it, and cut out.
7. Using a glue gun, glue your pineapple topper to the shoe. Wear and enjoy!
Related: Easy Pineapple Garland DIY
Oh, and if you're wearing a brand-spankin new pair of summer shoes, be sure to bring a backup pair in this handy Barbie Shoes Tote Bag!
Ahh! Are you LOVING these shoes as much as I am?! What fruit would you want to wear on your feet? I'm thinking strawberry shoes could be another fun one!