Do you ever have a weird accident that turns into something pretty awesome? Well, I did. I was writing out my schedule for the day, and I wrote how long each task would take. For one task, I wrote 2 plus hours- "2+H". When I read the list back over, I thought I wrote 2th. And that's when I realized 2th=tooth!! This really silly idea came after, and I kinda love how cheesy it is. You can be either a tooth with a crown, or a tooth fairy. The choice is yours!
This costume is the second one in my easy t-shirt costume series. For this one, I went with a tried and trusted t-shirt made for customizing- Gildan! They're the ones you find at craft stores in pretty much any color you want. They're 100% cotton and really comfy. No, this post wasn't sponsored by them. I genuinely think they're awesome! Plus this t-shirt cost like $4. Can't beat that! It's a great last-minute costume for that Halloween party you've got coming up!
You will need:
- Print out 2th as a template. I used the font Abadi MT condensed super bold, size 200.
- Place your template printed side down on your gold paper and tape it in place. You'll want to use a few small pieces of tape in different places so it doesn't fly off while you're cutting.
- Cut out your 2th, being careful to stay within the lines. You can also use an x-acto knife if that's easier, but I found the scissors worked just fine.
- Try on your shirt and mark lightly with a pencil where you want the letters to go.
- Using a gluegun, glue the letters onto your shirt. For a more temporary option, use double stick tape, but it might not adhere as well.
- Cut a rectangle measuring 3 inches by 6 inches
- Draw small lines going 1.5 inches from the top, and make dashes every 1 inch.
- Connect the lines to the top in a triangle shape.
- Cut out the triangles
- Roll the crown into a circle and glue the seam shut. Trim any excess from where the two ends meet
- Glue your crown onto a piece of felt. Trim the excess.
- Cut a small piece of felt and glue it onto your hair clip or headband, then glue the felt to your crown.
Fun fact: I am the queen of making weird and unattractive faces in photos. My sister and friends have a folder labeled "ugly Cathy photos", where I try to be silly but end up looking plain hideous. My sister, on the other hand, is great at looking silly but AMAZING. So... there's that haha.
Gold Paper: $2
Headband/Hair Clip: $1
Total cost: $8
Now you're ready for Halloween! It's in just a few days!!!