Easter is just about a week away, and I’m getting ready for Hailey’s first Easter! We are a unique family here, because my husband is Catholic and I’m Greek Orthodox. That means Hailey gets 2 Easters! My Easter is rarely on the same day as the regular Easter, and this year it’s a week behind. Didja know there was more than one Easter? Most people are pretty surprised to find out, but us Greeks follow a different counting system. I just get lucky because I get to celebrate twice! This girl loves an excuse to dress up for a theme so I made these really easy bunny ears to wear! They’re super easy to make and I bet you have all the supplies on hand. The best part is that you can use any colors and fabric you want, and they’re so cheap that you can make them for the whole family- kids, cousins, uncles and all!
*This post contains affiliate links.
1. Layer both pipe cleaners and fold them in half.
2. Make the shape slightly rounded, then wrap the bottom to close it off, leaving some excess to attach it to your headband.
3. Trace the pipe cleaner shape onto your fabric for each ear using a disappearing ink marker. You can also double it if you want the back of your ears to be finished. I kept it simple and did only the front, mostly because I’m lazy… er, I mean efficient :p
4. Place your fabric face-up. Put glue at the top “U” of the pipe cleaner and place it down onto the fabric. This will ensure it ends up at the right spot without being too messy.
5. Turn over your ear. Put glue around the rest of the pipe cleaner and press it down.
6. Put your ear onto the headband and wrap the excess around to secure it.
And that’s all folks! Bonus points if you also wear pom pom earrings to match a cute fluffy bunny tail like I do. I warned ya, I’m a little bit extra when it comes to a theme! I’ll probably be wearing this bunny ears headband every day for the next 2 weeks.